Teaching in Vietnam
Teaching in Vietnam is an amazing opportunity to explore an exotic and culturally rich country that is growing rapidly, yet still maintains many of its ancient customs and landscapes. Teaching in language schools, participants will earning a high salary, with compre- hensive teacher support from the local schools.
School holiday and plenty of paid leave throughout the year-long contract will give participants lots of time to get out and explore everything Vietnam has to offer, from innumerable rice paddies and Mekong river delta in the south, to the highlands and beach resorts of central Vietnam, and the French colonial architecture and diverse cuisine of northern Viet- nam, there is so much to see and do and taste, in this wonderfully diverse countries.
- Applicants must be bachelor degree holders.
- Applicants must have a 120 Hour, in class TESOL contracts (Some schools might require a probation-
- Applicants must be in good physical and mental a minimum of USD 800 for that period and then
- Applicants must hold valid passports from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, South Africa, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand.
- Applicants must not have a criminal record.
- Applicants must be able to provide the following at, or within, four weeks of arrival:
- Apostilled degree
- Apostilled criminal record check (CRB/CBC)
- Starting salary approximately $1,400 for full time contracts (Some schools might require a probationary period in which the work is part time but with a minimum of USD 800 for that period and then increasing to 1,400 to 1,700 with a full time one year contract after the person passes probation. Probationary periods are typically two months long).
- Visa and Work Permit costs will be reimbursed when the teacher arrives in Vietnam/Cambodia but might be deducted from their final pay check if the teacher leaves before the end of the contract.
- End-of-contract bonus for many schools equal to anywhere from USD 500 flat amount or one month’s salary, depending on the school.
- Contract renewal bonus. This is available for some but not all schools.
- Access to health insurance. Health care is provided to all full time teachers.
- 20 vacation days plus all public holidays.
- Free Vietnamese language courses.
- Placements throughout Vietnam.
- USD 1,200 to 1,700 per month.
- TESOL on the ground in Thailand first and then transfer to Vietnam to begin teaching.
The Teach Vietnam Program is only open to bachelor degree holders. All participants will need to commit to a one year pro- gram. All degree holders are sponsored for work permits in Vietnam. Work permits are usually secured within three months of arrival in Vietnam. In some instances, depending on the time of the school year, the time period to obtain work permit sponsorship might take a bit longer. Participants typically enter the country on work visas.
There is the potential that they might enter on tourist visas but the language school will process the work permit while they wait, with no delay in their ability to work.
Included in the program
What is included in the program for Thailand (TESOL) & then to Vietnam?
- Airport pickup (provided if applicant lands within four days of start date).
- Transfer from Bangkok to Hua Hin.
- Online Vietnamese Cultural Foundation Course.
- TESOL Course in Thailand along with one week cultural orientation.
- Accommodation facilitation in Thailand and Vietnam.
- Comprehensive job placement assistance.
- Visa support.
- Thai SIM card (excluding Blackberry services).
- Documentation & assistance in opening bank account. ATM card is optional cost.
- Welcome dinner.
Not included in the program
What is not included in the program?
- Medical insurance.
- Accommodation (we will however provide assistance in finding accommodation).
- Any sort of financial assistance.
- Day-to-day transport (including to job interviews).