Teach English in Thailand ProgramNon Degree Program - "No degree or experience needed"
With Thailand a major destination for travellers wanting to experience its beautiful beaches, sea and food, it is not surprising that teaching English is a popular job choice for those travelers who wish to live and work in Thailand. The good news is that Thailand is an incredibly cheap place to live in and the demand for English teachers is very strong.
These are generally very warm and welcoming people and both teachers and university graduates are highly respected. Although Thailand is a developing country, most people are very poor and learning English can be a life changing event for them. As a teacher of English you can make a significance difference to a child or adult’s life and you will find being part of this learning process is a truly rewarding experience.
Bangkok is still the main center for teaching English jobs but there is also demand in the other cities such as Hat Yai, Korat, Chiang Mai and Songkhla. For those whose dream is to teach English and live at the beach then Phuket is your answer.
English teaching positions are available in Thai public schools, international schools, private schools, universities, colleges and in private languages schools.
What does the country look like? Where should I look for work?
Thailand is probably better known for the island resort of Phuket in the west, but the second most popular area for those on vacation are the Kho Samui and Kho Phaghan islands, northeast of Phuket, in the Gulf of Siam (Thailand). Bangkok is the capital city and thanks to an excellent transport network the rest of the country is reached easily.
The northern part of the country is vast, with dense tropical forest. To the south a long, narrow peninsula gives way to Malaysia. Flat areas lend themselves to the cultivation of rice. The climate is fantastic all year round and the cooler period is when Europeans and Americans, among others, flock to Thailand’s beaches to escape the European winters and enjoy a moderate climate. Summers are hot and humid.
Your focus will most likely be to live and work close to the beaches and resorts. This is not always possible though and you may just find that being in the rural areas away from the major tourism spots allows you more interaction with the local culture.
Do not expect to be immediately placed in a major city such as Bangkok. Although this is where salaries are higher, living is also more expensive.
About Thailand: – Thailand is the NEW UK!
- Living costs are extremely low – about R 4000 – 5000 pm can buy you an apartment, bills, food, travel costs
and more… Highly impossible in any other country!!
- Salary in Thailand is set to a basic of about R10 000 – R20 000pm or (25 000 – 45 000 Thai Baht) – BUT with extra classes we have clients earning well over R25 000pm (and only need R4000 +- to live) We also have holiday work during school holidays at English camps!
- Dependants can come along, many schools offer English programs for your children to do their subjects in English Stay as long as you want.
- Night Markets at 3AM in the morning – shop till you drop! It’s too cheap to mention!!
- Change your life – we have had couples getting engaged in Thailand, little 3yr olds speaking fluent Thai after 3months at school, Granddad’s have the time of their lives.
The Process: How to apply and what to do next:
- Please email us for an extensive info brochure that explains the costs involved step by step
- Submit your cv + recent semi-formal photo and application form – all can be done via email
- Pay the applicable application fee when invoiced
- Wait 2-3 days for acceptance / approval – IF NOT ACCEPTED THE APP FEE IS REFUNDED
- Request departure dates – we have monthly departures with courses starting on specific dates.
- Once approved – book your flight with us
- Make sure passports and police clearances are ready
- We assist you to book the flight
- Payment of program fee and visa service fees
- We assist with the visa
- Once visa is approved, receive the final debriefing
- Pack and off you go!!
On Arrival in Thailand:
- Look for the driver at the airport.
- Taken to Hotel – use your spending money to pay for your stay at the hotel this is not included.
1200baht per room per night.
- Travel to your pre-arranged accommodation.
- We currently use two apartment style accommodations in Bangkok and two group homes. We will allocate teachers in either the group homes or the apartments based on availability and will always try to find the lowest cost and best convenience for our participants. All are very nice and have wifi, air-con and are very convenient to the school and head office.
- Meet and greet the next morning with our team in Thailand and the rest of the group.
- Travel to the training facility – book into your new accommodation – Welcome Braai.
- Start your in-class TESOL or your week of Orientation.
- Remember to do your date change on the flight- Then a fantastic visa run – ‘visa exit agencies will assist” – take a weekend to see Malaysia, Cambodia,Laos, Vietnam and more… Visa runs only once a year. Non B visas and work permit assistance offered in Thailand.
- Interviews and placement with schools.
- Start teaching and print pre-checked lesson plans from our Teacher Portal.
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Also, please enquire about the program costs involved.
Below are some images showing the quality of the accommodation while completing your TESL course: