Au pair in Germany
Germany is a country in central Europe and a member of the European Union. Germans have an unequalled passion for their cultural heritage and will be happy to share it with you. Germany’s green economy and politics are amongst the most developed in the world. Germany is one of the crown jewels of travel and is one of the leading tourist destinations worldwide. Scenic landscapes, beautiful villages, quaint castles and a profound sense of history are just a few of the things that you will experience in this delightful country. Come and experience this country which is both unique and impressive!
What is an Au Pair?
An Au Pair is a ‘big sister’ who lives in Germany as an extended member of their Host Family.
These young women provide child care services in exchange for room, board, a weekly stipend, and contributions towards a German language course.
Most Au Pairs participate in the Au Pair Program for the valuable cultural experience of living with a German family and are treated more as a member of the family then an employee.
Au Pair Requirements:
- You must be 18-24 years old
- Have Grade 12 or equivalent
- Have childcare experience
- Understand and speak German on a basic conversational level (at least A1)
- Have a love for kids & be caring
- Agree to commit for one full year
- Be in good health. Only non-smokers are accepted
- South African citizenship
- Unmarried & no kids of your own
- No criminal record
We are looking for open-minded, flexible, mature Au Pairs who have a positive attitude and like caring for children.
Au Pair Responsibilities:
- Take the kids to school, play dates and pick them up afterwards
- Prepare meals for the kids
- Help kids with homework
- Help prepare the kids for the day’s activities
- Assist with general child-related chores, such as laundry, tidying the children’s bedrooms and play areas
- Work for a maximum of 30 hours a week
What is INCLUDED in the Au Pair Program:
- Visa assistance
- Flight assistance (optional)
- Welcome pack with contact details of fellow au pairs in your area
- Furnished bedroom in host family’s home
- Support from agency right through your year
- Monthly Au Pair meetings
- 25 Euros per month travel contribution to attend Au Pair meetings
- A minimum wage of 260 Euros per month
- Study allowance to do a German language course
- Transport card to attend your language course
- 4 Weeks paid vacation during your year
- Accommodation and meals with the family for the entire years stay
- Health, accident & third party insurance
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Also, please enquire about the program costs involved.
How the application process will work:
- After you’ve filled in all the forms and have all your documents ready the sign-up fee for the registration is due. We will then process your documents and send it to our German partner.
- Once your file is in Germany, you will be contacted by families who wish to match with you. You will have telephonic or Skype interviews and can decide which family you’d like to go to. It can take a few weeks, even months to match.
- Once you’ve matched with your host-family the placement fee is due. We will then help you with your visa (which can take a few weeks/months).
- After you’ve received your visa, you can arrange your flights and set off to your Au Pair adventure in Germany!