Au pair Training
Here is a summary/outline of what our Au Pair Training will look like:
Time: 9:00 – 16:00
- Opening and Welcome
- Ground Rules
- Break times
- Start and Finish times
- Day Program summary
- Introduction of trainer & Course Material
- Open Questions
- Getting to know each other
- In-house icebreaker & Introduction
- Topics: Introduction to a Foreign Country:
- A Glimpse of life abroad
- Adjusting to the foreign/new lifestyle
- Culture Shock and what to expect
- How to communicate with your host family
- Personality types – What is your personality
- Work Ethics
- Time Management
- Communication styles and techniques
- Coping with Stress – you and the children/ host parents
- Role play / interactive problem solving exercises
- Au Pair handbook includes: Basic Childcare & Health, nutrition
- Basic Hygiene and Safety in and around the house
- Baby and Toddler Care: From nappies to tantrums
- Adolescence and Teens
- The Sick Child
- Fun Activities and stimulation – Different Age Groups
- Healthy eating habits
- Infants – From bottle to Introducing Solids – Allergies
- Healthy Snacks for Toddlers and Teens
- South African traditional meals to prepare for your new family
Other subjects will also be covered….
This is a very good course to complete and will help you in your future year as an Au Pair. This is also a chance to meet and socialize with your new travel mates and make new au pair friends.
Training is one full day from 9:00 – 16:00 and price includes lunch, beverages, snacks & course material. You will also get a certificate of attendance at the end.
This training is COMPULSORY for USA applicants, but if you are applying for another country, you are more than welcome to attend as well.
Some feedback from past training sessions:
“Thank you so much for the training
I am SO EXCITED for this journey I could hop on the plane tomorrow if it was possible.
You guys are definitely the top au pair company to choose from.” – Mikaela
“Firstly I would like to Thank you and your team as well as Liezel for an absolutely amazing training course yesterday, there are no words to describe how great it was being there. Learnt so so much about everything and mostly about myself I can say that my life is completely changed. Im blessed that I got and have this opportunity and it wouldn’t have been possible without all of you. It was such an honour to finally get to meet you:) Really looking forward for what the future holds.” – Sebo
“What a wonderful day filled with inspiring training. I feel so motivated an uplifted and determined!!!! That training did more for me personally than I honestly thought it would. Thanks to Carla’s Au Pairs” – Shantal
If you want to sign up, please keep an eye on our Facebook page for upcoming dates. You can also email Linda at the office at: firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire if there are any upcoming dates in your area soon.